What do you do when you get to 1,000 views? (aside from watch clips from the Simpsons I mean) Make eggnog of course! I’m fairly new to the eggy treat (first trying it sort-of last year), but I’ve been getting a head start on my recipe for this Christmas. This one seems to be a winner so far, but I’m going to keep tweaking. Those who are eggnog-wise, feel free to correct me or suggest improvements, as I’m always looking to improve. Merry December everyone!
Here’s my latest iteration of the recipe:
Eggnog for one (multiply up ingredients for more than one, but be careful not to overdo vanilla extract and nutmeg in that case).
- One egg
- 200 ml milk (full fat preferred)
- 2 tablespoons of sherry (or cheap full cream fortified wine if the budget doesn’t stretch)
- 1 tablespoon of rum
- 1-1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of icing sugar (or granulated/caster sugar if icing unavailable)
- grated nutmeg
- cream to thicken (optional)
- Beat egg with fork or balloon whisk if you’ve got one, until fairly homogenous
- Add in your alcohol, and the vanilla extract too and whisk (the nutmeg can be added at this stage, or grated over the top at the end)
- Pour in milk (and cream if using), sugar and beat until everything is well mixed. It’s important that the ingredients are well mixed, as the egg can separate out and lead to an uneven consistency sometimes.
Leave a Reply